Man found dead near Central Bar Spoons in Cardiff City Centre

No cause of death has yet been released by the police


South Wales Police is investigating the sudden death of a man in Cardiff City Centre, after his body was found in Windsor Place near the Central Bar Wetherspoons on Monday morning.

The police has said that it believes the 39-year old male from Newport died on the previous evening and as the investigation is ongoing, a cordon has remained in place.

The next of kin has been notified, and more information is yet to be released, with a postmortem examination currently taken place.

Although the name of the man has not yet been released, tributes have been commented on South Wales Police’s social media.

South Wales Police has released a statement saying: “We are investigating the sudden death of a man in the Windsor Place area of Cardiff city centre yesterday evening (Sunday, January 22). Next of kin has been informed. A police cordon is in place and inquiries are ongoing.”

Superintendent Michelle Conquer, Head of Operations at Cardiff and Vale BCU, also said: “We understand there is shock and upset in the local and wider community following the sudden and unexplained death of a man in Cardiff city centre on Sunday.

“While an investigation is on-going, our Neighbourhood Policing Team as always will continue to provide a visible police presence in the city centre. A police cordon is in place while enquiries continue at the scene and we thank the community for their support at this time. We urge anyone with concerns to approach one of our officers or contact us by one of the following means.”

If the anyone has any information regarding the investigation, the police have asked them to approach or contact police officers via their Live Chat Service (Monday to Friday, 9am-4pm), email ([email protected]), or calling 101, quoting the reference number, 2300022718.

Related stories recommended by this writer:

Man found guilty of strangling partner to death in Cathays flat

Cardiff Met student died in his halls from accidental heroin overdose, inquest hears