string(7) "cardiff"

Teenage boy dies on opening day of Wales’ In It Together festival this weekend

The 16-year-old boy suffered a suspected asthma attack


A teenager has died at Wales’ In It Together music festival this weekend.

The 16-year-old boy died in the ambulance on the way to hospital from the music festival at Old Park Farm in Neath Port Talbot on Friday 26th May.

The teenager had experienced a suspected asthma attack with South Wales Police confirming there were no suspicious circumstances surrounding the incident.

It was the opening day of the family-friendly festival, which promises a weekend of music acts such as The Kooks and Anne-Marie. The festival is in its second year.

A spokesperson for the Welsh Ambulance Service said: “We were called at 7.40pm yesterday evening, May 26th, to a medical emergency at the In It Together festival at Old Park Farm in Margam.

“We sent a community first responder, closely followed by two rapid response vehicles and an emergency ambulance, we were also supported by Emergency Medical Retrieval and Transfer Service.”

A South Wales Police spokesperson told Wales Online “Police officers were called to an incident at the In It Together Festival at Margam after a 16 year old boy from Port Talbot suffered a medical episode.”

The police emphasised that the incident occurred under no suspicious circumstances, and said “our sympathies are with his family at this time.”

The In It Together management team have released a statement on their social media platforms, reading: “On Friday afternoon we were alerted to a 16 year old boy who was suffering from a suspected asthma attack on the festival site.

“Our on-site emergency services team quickly attended and started giving treatment in the medical area. Shortly after, the Welsh ambulance service attended but tragically the boy passed away on the way to hospital.

“We are deeply saddened by what has happened and are supporting the emergency services. Our condolences go out to the boy’s family at this time. The health, wellbeing and safety of all of our guests is our number one priority and we remain committed to that.”

Related stories recommended by this writer: